Skip to Main Content
Register for the Exam
As a CMA candidate, you'll gain access to all the benefits of IMA membership.
To earn the CMA, you'll need to meet the following requirements:
- bulletHold an active IMA membership
- bulletComplete and pass Parts 1 and 2 of the CMA Exam.
- bulletHold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or a related professional certification. (For details, please refer to the Education Qualification Section of the CMA Handbook.)
- bulletAbide by IMA's Statement of Ethical Professional Practice.
- bulletHave two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting or financial management. (Please refer to the Experience Qualification section of the CMA Handbook.)
Quick Tips on Getting Started
Learn how people like you got over the common hurdles to get started.
Answer all the questions you know or feel good about in the first pass. Do harder questions at the end.
- Tony, South Carolina
*IMA membership is additional and also required.
Questions about taking the CMA exam?