IMA Announces Winners of Third Annual Young Professional of the Year Award
Montvale, N.J., April 10, 2014 – IMA® (the Institute of Management Accountants) has announced the winners of its Third Annual Young Professional of the Year Award. The award recognizes rising accounting and finance professionals who have displayed creative approaches to problem solving, demonstrated leadership, and made contributions to the management accounting profession. Winners will receive their awards during IMA's 95th Annual Conference & Exposition in Minneapolis this June.
This year’s winners include:
- Mohamed Al Masri, CMA, CVA, of Abu Dhabi, UAE. Mr. Al Masri is the assistant manager of the FP&A Team-Finance Unit at Mubadala Development Company. He has been president of IMA’s Abu Dhabi Chapter since 2011.
- Jeffrey Jardine, CMA, CPA, of Falls Church, Va. Mr. Jardine is the Manager of Enterprise Risk Services at Deloitte & Touche, LLP. He recently completed a term serving on IMA’s Young Professional Advisory Committee in which he published multiple articles in Strategic Finance. He has also represented IMA at the Student Leadership Conference and the Beta Alpha Psi Regional meeting.
- Elliot B. Kammeyer, CMA, CPA, of Peoria, Ill. Mr. Kammeyer is a cost & decision support accountant with Caterpillar Inc. He is a member of IMA’s Central Illinois Chapter, where he has in the past held the positions of president and vice president of administration. Since 2011, he has served as the chapter’s vice president of communication.
- Amy Mings, CVA, of Evansville, Ind. Ms. Mings is a senior advisor at Harding, Shymanski & Company, P.S.C. She is currently the president of the Evansville Chapter and vice president of the Lincoln Trail Regional Council.
- Ryan C. Rees, CMA, of Salt Lake City, Utah. Mr. Rees is a partner at Hartle & Rees, LLC. He is currently the president-elect of the Salt Lake Chapter. Additionally, Mr. Rees teaches CMA®(Certified Management Accountant) prep courses to IMA members.
In addition to their recognition at this year’s Annual Conference, award winners are also invited to speak at the IMA 15th Annual Student Leadership Conference, to be held on November 6-8, 2014, at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown in Indianapolis, Indiana.
“IMA is pleased to acknowledge the accomplishments of this distinguished group of young professionals, who, even at this early stage of their careers, have achieved considerable success and have given service to the management accounting profession,” said Jenna Uszenski, IMA community engagement leader and staff liaison to the IMA Young Professionals Committee. “We look forward to seeing these professionals’ continued contributions to IMA, and we are confident in their ability to grow as leaders in the profession.”
About IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants)
IMA®, the association of accountants and financial professionals in business, is one of the largest and most respected associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. Globally, IMA supports the profession through research, the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) program, continuing education, networking and advocacy of the highest ethical business practices. IMA has a global network of more than 70,000 members in 120 countries and 200 local chapter communities. IMA provides localized services through its offices in Montvale, N.J., USA; Zurich, Switzerland; Dubai, UAE; and Beijing, China. For more information about IMA, please visit http://www.imanet.org.