IMA Young Professional Award
The IMA Young Professional Award is designed to recognize the finest young professionals with outstanding and creative approaches to problem solving within the accounting and finance profession.
The Award is open to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- Under the age of 33 as of July 1, 2014
- Employed in the Accounting and Finance field
- Completed Undergraduate Degree from an accredited school
- Outstanding contribution in a professional role
- CMA designation or candidate desired
To apply please submit the application form, resume, letter of recommendation with contact information, and a response to one of the following personal statements (in 250 words or less).
- Describe how you demonstrate leadership.
- What do you consider to be the greatest challenge facing the accounting profession today?
- Discuss a time you faced an ethical dilemma and how you handled the situation.
- How has certification furthered your career growth?
- How have you positively impacted your company or the accounting profession?
All entries must be submitted no later than December 31. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com , please include IMA Young Professional Award in the subject line.
The Young Professional Award subcommittee will select 10 individuals based on evaluation against a set list of criteria. The finalists will be sent to a task force for final selection of up to five winners. Please note, no current member of the Young Professional Committee may receive this award.
Winners will receive:
- Complimentary attendance at IMA's Annual Conference & Exposition and Student Leadership Conference
- Speaking opportunities at the IMA Student Leadership Conference
- Discount on an IMA Continuing Education product
- Announcement via Strategic Finance, press release, IMA's electronic newsletters, letter to your manager, IMA's website, and IMA's social media sites.
For more information contact Jenna Uszenski at firstname.lastname@example.org.