IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) continues to provide members with access to free resources to help continue learning and career development during this difficult time.
Here are some free resources to consider:
Free – Now Extended Through June 30:
IMA Data Analytics & Visualization Fundamentals Certificate™ – Learn how emerging technologies are driving change across businesses and develop new skills in data analytics and visualization. Earn an IMA professional certificate, a digital badge, and 9 NASBA CPE credits.
IMA Strategy and Competitive Analysis Learning Series® – This series of five engaging online courses and a practice question bank is aligned to the content of the CSCA® (Certified in Strategy and Competitive Analysis) credential. Earn up to 21 NASBA CPE credits.
New and Free Anytime:
Webinars On Demand: Leadership II – This is the latest installment in IMA’s popular and free Webinars On Demand series. This second Leadership installment features three IMA Leadership Academy presentations: Global Leadership; Financial Leadership; and Leading in the Digital Age. Earn 4.5 ICMA CPE credits in total.
Coming Soon – Stay Tuned for Details:
- Blockchain 101 by IMA – Free through June 30. Earn 1 NASBA CPE credit.
- Webinars On Demand: Strategic Management – Earn 4 ICMA CPE credits.
- Webinars On Demand: Technology II – Earn 4 ICMA CPE credits.
- Communicating in the 21st Century – Earn 1 NASBA CPE credit.
- Count Me In for CPE – Earn 0.2 ICMA CPE credit per episode.
As a reminder, the following resources are always free:
IMA webinars are always free and most are eligible for NASBA continuing professional education (NASBA CPE) credits. Here’s a sample of the webinars to be held in April and May:
- Navigating Growing ESG Expectations
- The CMA Exam: Test-Taking Tips and Strategies
- Using Social Media to Improve Workplace Leadership
Research and Professional Knowledge
IMA provides timely, actionable information about the profession with:
- Publications, including:
- Strategic Finance, IMA’s monthly award-winning publication, available online or in print.
- Management Accounting Quarterly (MAQ), a refereed online journal on critical topics affecting the profession.
- Strategic Finance blogs, including SF TechNotes, a twice-monthly blog that looks at the latest trends and developments in technology, and IMA Moments, which features IMA leaders sharing advice on career development and discussing their own experiences.
- IMA Educational Case Journal (IECJ®), a quarterly teaching-case journal for academics.
- Thought Leadership: Leading-edge research that provides practitioners with the information they need to be successful in today’s rapidly changing business environment.
- Technology & Analytics Center: Educational resources focused on key technology and data analytics trends affecting the accounting and finance profession.
- IMA’s podcast, Count Me In, brings you the latest perspectives on all things affecting the accounting and finance world. Several recent episodes have focused on working remotely, including Jordan Hirsch: Tips for Working Remotely from an Experienced Remote Worker (3/20); and Heather Fletcher: Quick Tips for those New to Remote Work (3/25).
Career and Networking Resources
- CareerDriver®: An online career management tool that helps members assess their skills and match them to 46 job roles. Members can also build a customized development plan with the help of more than 1,000 resources, including self-study courses, webinars, podcasts, publications, and on-the-job activities.
- myIMA Network: Members can connect with professionals worldwide through this proprietary online networking tool.
- IMA Leadership Academy: A resource for supporting the development and enhancement of members’ leadership education and skills to aid in career advancement. Monthly Leadership Academy webinars cover various topics, including coaching, team building, conflict resolution, and problem solving.
For more information, visit www.imanet.org.