The following are some upcoming events hosted by and featuring IMA Europe you don’t want to miss:
Finance Transformation International Conference
IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) is continuing its in-person “Finance Transformation International Conference” in select cities across Europe.
In the face of powerful new technologies continuing to disrupt the profession, this conference will focus on best practices for implementing new strategies and adapting new skills that strengthen finance teams and build organizational value. Participants will hear from experts and have the opportunity to share experiences and network with other accounting and finance professionals navigating similar challenges.
Upcoming dates currently planned include:
Istanbul—Tuesday, 9 November
Frankfurt—Thursday, 18 November
Amsterdam—Wednesday, 8 December
Moscow—To be rescheduled; details to follow soon
Visit the IMA Europe website to learn more.
Nationale Controllersdag 2021
In celebration of National Controllers Day, this is a special day-long event for finance professionals and IMA is participating as a Silver Sponsor. It’s being held in person on 7 October in Amersfoort, the Netherlands. More information is available at cm: Nationale Controllersdag 2021 (financeacademy.nl).
Speakers will include IMA Global Board Chair-Elect Gwen van Berne, CMA, and Alain Mulder, senior director, IMA Europe Operations. Other speakers will include Igor Beuker, international speaker in the field of digital transformation, and Remco Claassen, an expert in the field of leadership.
In addition, to inspiring keynotes, breakouts will enable attendees to:
- Hear from leaders from Booking.com and House of Einstein & Superflow about their challenges such as technology, disruption (internal/external) and innovation in the field of digital transformation and how they are tackling it.
- Discover the role and tasks of the CFO in a digital world and increasingly international playing field.
- Uncover the biggest growth secrets of fast-growing companies.
- Learn, meet, and participate during the energetic and inspiring (expert) sessions, workshops, deep dives, and round tables.
For registration details and to see the full program, please visit cm: Nationale Controllersdag 2021.
The Bright Future of Finance
Alain Mulder, senior director, IMA Europe Operations, will be among an elite group of speakers at the upcoming “The Bright Future of Finance Summit.” This will be a virtual event where CFOs, visionary leaders, leading academics, and state-of-the-art solution providers from across Europe will gather to exchange exclusive knowledge, current practices, new insights, and emerging trends in financial technologies.
The summit will take place on 2 November 2021, 15:00 to 18:30 CET, and will feature top-notch keynote speakers, roundtables, deep dives, and interactive fireside chats. IMA is participating as a knowledge partner for this event, and IMA members can attend the summit at a special discounted rate. Registration and additional details are available at The Bright Future of Finance.
In his session, titled “Career Success in the Digital Age: The Race for Relevance in a Digital World,” Mulder will explore the skills that are now becoming more important and required to stay relevant, especially in information technology and analytics. Mulder will examine the impact of the development of new technologies on the evolving role of the management accountant, the skills finance and accounting professionals need in this Digital Age, and how we organizations and individuals can prepare for a future in the Digital Age of accounting.
Other speakers/panelists at the summit, which is being presented by Executive Finance, include:
- Michael Wade, IMD Business School Professor of Innovation and Strategy; Director of the Global Center for Digital Business Transformation and Cisco Chair in Digital Business Transformation
- Eric Lenard, Vice President of Finance for Robotics and Digital Solutions, Johnson & Johnson
- Craig Baldino, Vice President, Finance Solutions and Technology, Johnson & Johnson; member, Johnson & Johnson’s Global Finance Leadership Team
- Ute Jaeger-Wolfe, Marketing Science Director, Facebook, Benelux and DACH region
- Igor Beuker, leading international speaker in the field of digital transformation
“This summit aims to help attendees discover the keys to a successful digital transformation and the unique role a finance executive can play,” said Mulder. “It’s a great opportunity for IMA members to network with leaders from the professional and academic communities as well as to gain knowledge about main trends of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.”