CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) candidates are advised of the following important announcements:
Registration for 2022 Testing Windows
Registration for the January/February 2022 exam testing window is currently open and will remain so until February 15, 2022. To register to take the CMA exam during this testing period, please visit the exam registration page.
In addition, you can also register for all future 2022 testing windows at this time. You can register for the May/June 2022 window and the September/October 2022 window now. Please visit the above webpage for registration details.
All candidates preparing for the exam are reminded about the helpful CMA Resources page on the IMA website. This page spotlights useful videos, practice questions, study guides, webinars, and other resources to help candidates pass the exam.
Prometric Scheduling System
Virtually all Prometric testing centers around the world are open, many at full capacity. You can review the complete list of open Prometric testing centers. Note: This list is subject to change.
Prometric recently instituted an enhanced exam scheduling system, ProScheduler. This new system will allow you to search availability of testing center seats by ZIP code, schedule/reschedule your exam, or cancel your appointment.
As a first step, click on “Search Availability” and select “Institute of Certified Management Accountants” as both the test sponsor and the program. From the drop-down menu of available tests, you can next select Part 1 or Part 2 of the exam (in English or Chinese). The program will then find a nearby test center with available seats, based on your date preferences.
NEW: Prometric Requiring Proof of Vaccination at Some Locations
In an effort to comply with regional and local/government guidance and mandates, some Prometric testing centers are now requiring candidates to present proof of COVID-19 vaccination at check-in.
Prometric will maintain a list of test sites globally that require proof of vaccination in order to test. Candidates testing at these identified sites should be prepared to present the documentation provided to them by their healthcare provider at the time of vaccination. Prometric will update this list on a regular basis.
Prometric Resumes Biometric Procedures, Keeps Mask Policy
Prometric has made the following changes for all CMA candidates taking the exam at a Prometric testing site:
- Prometric has reinstated its biometric procedures, specifically fingerprint and ID scans.
- Out of an abundance of caution, all test takers are required to use hand sanitizer before using any fingerprint scanners, and Prometric staff will wipe down devices with cleaner after each use to help reduce any risk of transmission. Prometric test center staff are trained on how to assist test takers in using fingerprint and ID scans from an appropriate distance.
- Prometric will continue to require everyone who enters a testing center to wear an approved face covering for the duration of their time at the location.
- Exceptions to mask policy: Prometric testing sites at U.S. state universities or U.S. government agencies in states where executive orders now prohibit mandatory face masks. In these cases, candidates will still be allowed to wear masks according to their comfort level at these sites, but masks will not be required.
- More information about these policies can be found on the enhanced test center procedures page on Prometric’s website.
Have more questions regarding testing sites and COVID-19? Go to the Prometric FAQ page.
You can also check out this what to expect on test day video, which provides a detailed overview of what to expect during your visit to a Prometric testing center.
Review the CMA Handbook
All candidates are reminded to consult the CMA Handbook for comprehensive information about the exam. This 12-page resource is updated regularly and explains educational and experience requirements, scoring, ID requirements, approved calculators, candidate conduct, and more. All candidates should be familiar with the content of this handbook.
Submitting Educational Transcripts
CMA candidates must submit all required educational transcripts to ICMA electronically on a temporary basis.
- Please email all documents in PDF format and make sure to include your IMA membership number. Send to:
- If you have already submitted your educational documents by mail, please resubmit a scanned copy of your documents to the above email address.
For questions about any of these announcements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.