Change username form. Insert an info and press enter to submit, or press escape to close.
Create a new account form. Press escape to close.
Validate mail form. Press escape to close.
Lost password form. Insert an info and press enter to submit, or press escape to close.
Confirm address message dialog. Press escape to close.
IMA Announces Winners of 2015 Annual Global Awards and Lifetime Achievement Award
Stern + Associates
Stern + Associates
Los Angeles – IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) today announced the winners of its Global Awards program and Lifetime Achievement Award. These honors acknowledge the accomplishments of those members and accounting and finance professionals who exemplify IMA’s mission and core values. IMA will recognize the honorees during this evening’s Awards Dinner at IMA's 96th Annual Conference & Expo, held at the Westin Bonaventure in downtown Los Angeles.
Receiving awards this year are:
• Distinguished Advocate Award: Dr. Gerhard Mueller, CPA, recognized as the “father of international accounting education,” former member of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and professor emeritus of accounting at the University of Washington, Seattle; and Prof. Zhang Xinmin, vice president of the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE) in Beijing, China, and a board member of the Accounting Society of China
• Distinguished Member Award: Fatema El-Zahraa El-Wakeel, CMA, founder of the IMA Cairo Chapter; and Leslie Seidman, CPA, executive director of the Center for Excellence in Financial Reporting at the Lubin School of Business at Pace University and immediate past chair of the FASB
• Exemplary Board Member Award: Pemberton Smith, CMA, senior program manager for engineering and operation services for General Dynamics Information Technology; past president of the IMA San Diego Chapter and the Wild West Council, and currently serving on the faculty of the IMA Leadership Academy.
• Exemplary Volunteer Award: Martha L. Alle, CPA, director of finance at St. Joseph’s Female Ursuline Academy, past president of the IMA Evansville Chapter and Lincoln Trail Regional Council, and IMA Global Board member; and Mary A. Strautmann, CPA, current president of the IMA Greater Milwaukee Chapter and past president of the Mid-America Council
• Exemplary Leadership Award: Susan E. Bos, CMA, CPA, CFE, past president of the IMA Ann Arbor Chapter and Michigan Regional Council, as well as a former IMA Global Board of Directors member; and Rick S. Thompson, CMA, CPA, immediate past chair of the ICMA Board of Regents and past president of the IMA Spartanburg Area Chapter and Carolinas Regional Council
IMA bestowed this year’s Lifetime Achievement Award posthumously to Robert Half, founder of Robert Half International Inc., a professional consulting and staffing services firm. Bob Half began his career as an accountant and the company has been a long-time supporter of IMA. Brett Good, Robert Half senior district director, southern California and Arizona region, will accept the award in his honor.
“IMA is pleased to recognize the achievements of these distinguished professionals, each of whom has demonstrated their commitment to IMA’s mission and values through their careers and volunteer service. We appreciate their efforts and look forward to their continued contributions both to IMA and the management accounting profession,” said David P. DiMare, CMA, CPA, member of IMA’s Volunteer Leadership Board Committee and Subcommittee Chair for the Global Awards Review.
For more information about IMA’s Global Awards, visit http://www.imanet.org/ima_membership/IMA_Global_Awards.aspx.
About IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants)
IMA®, the association of accountants and financial professionals in business, is one of the largest and most respected associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. Globally, IMA supports the profession through research, the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) program, continuing education, networking and advocacy of the highest ethical business practices. IMA has a global network of more than 75,000 members in 120 countries and 300 professional and student chapters. Headquartered in Montvale, N.J., USA, IMA provides localized services through its four global regions: The Americas, Asia/Pacific, Europe, and Middle East/Africa. For more information about IMA, please visit www.imanet.org.