Whether you’re just starting your career, enjoying your current position but wanting to expand your leadership skills, or looking to explore new opportunities in a new role, IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) offers a variety of resources to support you every step of the way. Check out these career resources to help you achieve your professional goals:
- IMA Management Accounting Competency Framework: IMA developed this framework to help guide accounting and finance professionals to perform their current—and future—roles more effectively. This framework is the foundation for all of IMA’s thought leadership and educational offerings.
- CareerDriver®: Assess your strengths against the competencies outlined in the IMA Management Accounting Competency Framework and explore job roles. With IMA’s exclusive CareerDriver tool, you can also build a customized development plan with the help of our growing library of learning resources.
- Leadership Academy: An extensive array of webinars and e-learning courses, all free of charge for members. In addition, earn digital badges for your leadership progress through IMA’s recognition program. Many of these offer digital badges upon successful completion of the material. This is a great way to build your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Career Connection Webinar Series: This educational series features free webinars that discuss job search, networking, and career growth ideas and best practices by connecting with experts in the field.
- Career Articles and Podcasts: Everything you need to advance your career and navigate the digital world, including articles and podcasts on career development, leadership, navigating a successful career path, and best practices for resume writing and interviewing.
New VP of Education and Career Services
Leading the ECS team now is Jackie Oppenheim, who joins IMA as vice president. Jackie has more than 20 years’ experience in delivering education for professional associations and holds the Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) certification. In her new role, Jackie will be responsible for leading the ECS team in its mission to continue development of top-quality education for accounting and finance professionals worldwide.
“IMA plays a vital role in helping our members enhance their skills and achieve their career goals,” said Jackie. “In this Digital Age and amid great economic uncertainty, it’s more important than ever that our members have the tools they need to succeed as valued, sought-after accounting and finance professionals.”