Looking to make a positive contribution to the global accounting and finance profession? Here?s a great way to do it: serving as a member of the IMA? (Institute of Management Accountants) Global Board of Directors.
IMA currently is seeking to fill 24 open positions on its Global Board, representing three-year terms beginning July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2025. Senior-level professionals with prior board experience at IMA or another organization are encouraged to apply.
Members of the IMA Global Board have a variety of responsibilities. These members serve as ambassadors for the organization and they:
- Support IMA?s mission, vision, and values
- Lead IMA?s grass-root efforts
- Oversee IMA?s policies and bylaws
- Represent IMA with external organizations and industry stakeholders
- Monitor IMA?s financial health and committee activities
Pat Stefanczyk, CAE, IMA vice president of governance and volunteer relations, said, ?The past year has shown us how interdependent and interconnected we all are. Members who meet the criteria to serve and have a passion for management accounting are invited to serve on our Global Board. Come be part of our team to help support the future of IMA?s overarching goals and collaborate in helping the organization fulfill its strategic direction.?
Potential candidates must be able to satisfy IMA?s director competencies, which were adopted to outline the leadership experience, skills, and knowledge that IMA aspires to maintain within its Global Board. The key qualities of a desirable Global Board candidate include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strategic and innovative thinker
- Global perspective
- Volunteer leadership experience serving on a board
- Understanding of board governance fiduciary responsibilities
- Executive temperament and emotional intelligence
- Adequate time to commit to the role
- CMA? (Certified Management Accountant) preferred
To apply for a Global Board position, visit the Governing Boards page on the IMA website and complete the application. Note that applications are due by August 31, 2021, at 5 p.m. Eastern Time.??
For questions about the nomination process or the IMA Global Board, please contact email@example.com.? ?