As part of the kick-off to its 100-Year Anniversary celebration, IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) has created a special website, www.ima100years.org, to help members find everything they need to know related to the anniversary and upcoming plans. The site, accessible to members and nonmembers alike, includes:
- The exposure draft of IMA’s enhanced Management Accounting Competency Framework, with an opportunity to submit comments through September 17, 2018.
- A social media wall that will feature rotating content including stories, photos, and videos submitted by members when they Tweet or post on Instagram using #IMA100YEARS.
- Reflections from IMA CEO and President Jeff Thomson, CMA, CSCA, CAE, on IMA’s leadership in advancing the profession globally over the last 100 years.
- Timeline of IMA’s history.
- An interactive map showing how IMA is thriving around the world, including locations of IMA offices, regions, and schools endorsed under IMA’s Higher Education Endorsement program. Also featured: brief vignettes (with photos) from members around the world.
- Link to a 100 Years and Counting book (available in Spring 2019). The book, co-written by former IMA Board Chairs Bud Kulesza, CMA, CFM, and John Pollara, CMA, will chronicle the members and milestones of IMA’s 100-year history, from modest beginnings in upstate New York to an increasingly global and influential organization.
- An online store, where chapters and councils can bulk order special 100th Anniversary merchandise – great for giveaways and for building “IMA spirit.”
Said Morgan Del Rio, IMA marketing and social media manager, “We wanted to create a special experience for members so that all information related to our 100-year celebration could be found in one place. We encourage all members to check the site frequently, as we’ll constantly be posting updates over the next year and more. We’re also very eager to hear from members about what impact IMA has had on their lives – look for our postings on social media and share your memories with us.”
The site also provides a link to details about the 2019 Annual Conference & Expo, which will be held on June 15-19, 2019, at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina in San Diego, Calif. The call for sessions opens on July 16, 2018 – this will be an opportunity to be a speaker at this historic celebration; visit www.imaconference.org to apply.
Finally, the site includes information about the IMA Century Student Scholarship Fund, a special effort that invites members to support the future leaders of the profession. Members are being asked to contribute $100 – or any amount, no matter how small – to help fund the ever-increasing costs of education for motivated accounting students [see related story in this issue].
For more information about how to share your stories or photos on the www.ima100years.com website, contact Morgan Del Rio at firstname.lastname@example.org.