IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) members in Europe had the opportunity to attend two highly anticipated virtual events with IMA partners.
UiPath Event: January 27, 2021
In conjunction with UiPath, a leader in robotic process automation (RPA), IMA offered a webinar on how the global pandemic has brought unprecedented challenges to finance and accounting teams.
The webinar was held via Zoom and gave attendees insights into:
- Priorities of CFOs and the impact of the COVID crisis.
- The role of automation and the levers of digital transformation.
- The evolution from basic RPA to Intelligent Automation and automation platform.
- Some lessons learned for successful automation.
Following a welcome by Alain Mulder, senior director of Europe operations at IMA, the webinar featured a presentation by Loreal Jiles, director of research-digital technology and finance transformation at IMA, who spoke about a new IMA report on the topic of transforming the finance function with automation.
Next came a panel, moderated by Armand Angeli, RPA Chairman, RPA/Intelligent Automation/Shared Services Committee, DFCG, the French CFO Network, on the topic of “Closing the Gap in Finance and Accounting Automation.” Featured panelists included:
- Frank Verbeeten, Professor of Accounting, University of Amsterdam Business School
- Bryan Barr, Group Vice President Controller, Plastic Omnium
- Fatema El-Wakeel, Data Analytics and Reporting Manager, Jaguar Land Rover
- Mihai Faur, Chief Accounting Officer and Corporate Controller, UiPath
“This well-attended webinar featured an engaging discussion of how the pandemic has not only disrupted markets and business operations but also has accelerated the need to transform the finance function to become a value-added partner to guide the business in the quest to improve productivity and performance,” observed Mulder.
EMEA Recruitment Event: February 25, 2021
In collaboration with EMEA Recruitment and Anders Liu-Lindberg from the Business Partnering Institute, IMA hosted a webinar on the topic of “Becoming a Successful Business Partner.”
During the webinar, the leaders discussed how finance business partners need to go beyond the production of standard reports and analysis to lead multi-disciplinary conversations that yield insights that inform and improve decision making – and ultimately boost organizational performance. In this interactive discussion, attendees were able to learn how to become a valuable business partner to drive performance across their organization.
Featured presenters included:
- Alain Mulder, Senior Director Europe Operations, IMA
- Anders Liu-Lindberg, COO and CMO, Business Partnering Institute (pictured below)
- Valentina Coco, Ambassador of EMEA Recruitment, Finance Expert (pictured below)
Visit IMA Europe for more information on upcoming webinars.