In light of recent circumstances, IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) is making the following two courses free for all members now through April 30:
NEW IMA Data Analytics & Visualization Fundamentals Certificate™ — Launching Monday, March 30, this course enables members to learn how emerging technologies are driving change across businesses and develop new skills in data analytics and visualization. Members earn an IMA professional certificate, a digital badge, and 9 NASBA CPE credits.
IMA Strategy and Competitive Analysis Learning Series® — This learning series is a set of five engaging online courses, a practice question bank, and reference resources. The topics are aligned to the CSCA® (Certified in Strategy and Competitive Analysis) exam content and are designed to help improve strategic partnering skills. Members can earn up to 21 NASBA CPE credits.
Also, coming in April and free for the first 30 days: Blockchain 101 by IMA, a gamified eLearning course designed to help members develop a foundational level of knowledge in the area of blockchain technology. This course focuses on various elements of blockchain most relevant to management accountants. Members earn 1 NASBA CPE credit upon successful completion of the course.
Plus, members are reminded that the following IMA resources are available free anytime:
IMA’s webinars provide easy-access education to enhance members’ career and industry knowledge. Each year, IMA conducts more than 50 webinars that are eligible for NASBA continuing professional education (NASBA CPE) credits, at no cost to members.
IMA’s podcast, Count Me In, provides the latest perspectives on all things affecting the accounting and finance world, as told by the industry experts in the field. Subscribe to hear conversations about working remotely, technology and data analytics, business transformation, agile project management, accounting education, leadership, and more.
- IMA’s “Webinars on Demand” series is designed specifically for members who want to access the content of our highly rated webinars on key management accounting topics at their convenience. The series features two packages, Webinars on Demand: Technology and Webinars on Demand: Leadership. On March 31, IMA will launch another package in this series, Webinars on Demand: Leadership II.
- IMA Excel 365: Tips in Ten: Members can keep up with the latest Excel features for free with IMA Excel 365: Tips in Ten, which features 10-minute, mobile-friendly nano courses, expertly presented by Mr. Excel.
- IMA Ethics Series: Members have access to two free Ethics CPE through an Annual Ethics Benefit token program. The token can be used to purchase any one of the 6 IMA Ethics Series products. A new token is issued to each member upon membership renewal. Members can find their token in the myProfile section of their membership dashboard.
- Statement of Cash Flows Tutorial: This one ICMA CPE credit course offers simple step-by-step instructions, guiding users through creating a Statement of Cash Flows using either the direct or indirect method. Access the course here.
Research and Professional Knowledge
IMA provides timely, actionable information about the profession with:
- Publications, including:
- Strategic Finance, IMA’s monthly award-winning publication, available online or in print.
- Management Accounting Quarterly (MAQ), a refereed online journal on critical topics affecting the profession.
- Strategic Finance blogs, including SF TechNotes and IMA Moments.
- IMA Educational Case Journal (IECJ®), a quarterly online journal providing IMA academic members access to more than 100 case studies, plus associated detailed solutions and teaching notes.
- Thought Leadership: Leading-edge research that provides practitioners with the information they need to be successful in today’s rapidly changing business environment.
- Technology & Analytics Center: Educational resources focused on key technology and data analytics trends affecting the accounting and finance profession.
Career and Networking Resources
- CareerDriver®: An online career management tool that helps members assess their skills and match them to 46 job roles. Members can also build a customized development plan with the help of self-study courses, webinars, podcasts, publications, and on-the-job activities.
- myIMA Network: Members can connect with professionals worldwide through this proprietary online networking tool.
- IMA Leadership Academy: A resource for supporting the development and enhancement of members’ leadership education and skills to aid in career advancement.
For more information, please visit www.imanet.org.