Students and faculty now have an exciting new way to celebrate being part of the IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) global community: IMA’s social media filters.
Members can use the filters on their Facebook and Instagram pages to demonstrate their pride in pursuing their CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) while still in school, as well as light-heartedly showcase how earning the CMA can advance their careers and help them “make a difference.” The graphics are engaging and fun: the first says “CMA Difference-Maker,” featuring a popping balloon, and the second asks “Where can the CMA take you in 5 years?” featuring a briefcase.
“We developed these social media filters as a lively, interactive way for members to demonstrate how they stand apart and to celebrate being someone who wants to make a difference,” said Morgan Del Rio, IMA senior manager, marketing and social media. “For students, the filters are a fun way to show their commitment to pursuing an advanced certification like the CMA. They are part of a broader awareness campaign to help spread the word about the benefits of IMA membership and earning the CMA.”
Del Rio also noted that students and faculty are encouraged to invite friends, family, and colleagues to use these filters as well.
The filters can be accessed in two ways:
- Click on the following links on a mobile device, which leads directly to the filters:
- CMA Celebration (Instagram) – https://www.instagram.com/ar/440618763990165/
- CMA Celebration (Facebook) – https://www.facebook.com/fbcameraeffects/tryit/440618763990165/
- CMA Future (Instagram) – https://www.instagram.com/ar/686053908740466/
- CMA Future (Facebook) – https://www.facebook.com/fbcameraeffects/tryit/686053908740466/
- Search IMA Global on Instagram to access IMA’s Instagram profile. Tap the smiley face icon above the grid to see available filters. Tap on the filter you want to try and tap the "Try it" button in the lower left-hand corner.
To use a filter, make sure the camera is facing you on Instagram/Facebook. Press and hold down the record button, which will enable you to save the filter and share with your followers. When posting, students are also encouraged to tag IMA on Facebook: @IMAnetORG or on Instagram: @IMAglobal.
IMA will be staggering the promotion of the social media filters on its social channels over the next few months. The social filters have already proven popular, as many IMA followers accessed the filters after CMA exam grades were released, to celebrate their earning a passing score.
For questions on accessing or using the filters, please contact IMA’s social team at email@example.com.