CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) candidates are advised of the following important announcements:
Registration for Upcoming Testing Windows
Registration for the September/October 2021 exam testing window is open and will remain so until October 15, 2021. You can also register for the next testing window, January/February 2022, now as well. To register to take the CMA exam, please visit the exam registration page.
New Prometric Scheduling System
Virtually all Prometric testing centers around the world are open, many at full capacity. You can review the complete list of open Prometric testing centers. Note: This list is subject to change.
Prometric recently instituted an enhanced exam scheduling system, ProScheduler. This new system will allow you to search the availability of testing center seats by ZIP code, schedule/reschedule your exam, or cancel your appointment.
As a first step, click on “Search Availability” and select “Institute of Certified Management Accountants” as both the test sponsor and the program. From the drop-down menu of available tests, you can next select Part 1 or Part 2 of the exam (in English or Chinese). The program will then find a nearby test center with available seats, based on your date preferences.
Prometric Resumes Biometric Procedures, Keeps Mask Policy
Recent recommendations from the CDC and other world health organizations now indicate there is less concern about the spread of infection through touch points on hard services, especially when mask-wearing and social distancing are also observed. Accordingly, Prometric has made the following changes for all CMA candidates taking the exam at a Prometric testing site:
- Prometric has reinstated its biometric procedures, specifically fingerprint and ID scans.
- Out of an abundance of caution, all test takers are required to use hand sanitizer before using any fingerprint scanners, and Prometric staff will wipe down devices with cleaner after each use to help reduce any risk of transmission. Prometric test center staff are trained on how to assist test takers in using fingerprint and ID scans from an appropriate distance.
- Prometric will continue to require everyone who enters a testing center to wear an approved face covering for the duration of their time at the location.
- Exceptions to mask policy: Prometric testing sites at U.S. state universities or U.S. government agencies in states where executive orders now prohibit mandatory face masks. In these cases, candidates will still be allowed to wear masks according to their comfort level at these sites, but masks will not be required.
- More information about these policies can be found on the enhanced test center procedures page on Prometric’s website.
Have more questions regarding testing sites and COVID-19? Go to the Prometric FAQ page.
You can also check out this what to expect on test day video, which provides a detailed overview of what to expect during your visit to a Prometric testing center.
Review the CMA Handbook
All candidates are reminded to consult the CMA Handbook for comprehensive information about the exam. This 12-page resource is updated regularly and explains educational and experience requirements, scoring, ID requirements, candidate conduct, and more. All candidates should be familiar with the content of this handbook.
Submitting Educational Transcripts
CMA candidates must submit all required educational transcripts to ICMA electronically on a temporary basis.
- Please email all documents in PDF format and make sure to include your IMA membership number. Send to:
- If you have already submitted your educational documents by mail, please resubmit a scanned copy of your documents to the above email address.