While the COVID-19 pandemic has caused major disruptions to life and work as usual, many CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) candidates are using this period to focus on studying for their CMA certification. To support you as you prepare, here are some helpful (and free!) resources you can start using right now.
- This short video shows you how to take on the CMA study and testing process with confidence: What you can expect on your CMA journey.
- CMA exam and certification podcast: ICMA recently undertook a comprehensive job analysis to ensure that topics on the CMA exam continue to be relevant and valid. In this episode of our Count Me In podcast, you will hear what is assessed in the exam and how these competencies are relevant to the management accountant’s role.
- Study groups: Join a worldwide network of peers on myIMA Network to get support, discuss study strategies, and form study groups.
- Expert advice: Get advice from a leading CMA instructor in this series of six videos. You will learn everything from how to set your study plan to how to manage stress on exam day.
- How to study video: To help you think through the process, we asked several new CMAs to share their study tips. Find out what they had to say in this helpful video.
- Wiley 14-day free trial: Try the Wiley CMAexcel online course now with complimentary access to study text, practice questions, video lectures, and more.
- Free webinar: How to stay on track during challenging times: Expert advice on how to keep your focus and manage your studies.
- Blog post: Sitting for your CMA – What to expect on exam day. You’ve set your sights on becoming a CMA, but make sure you know what to expect on the actual day of the test.
- Learn how to pass the CMA exam in four weeks with this free whitepaper download.
- Test your knowledge in a mock exam scenario with ReadyPASS, a free diagnostic tool.
- To further advance in your studies, review more options from Surgent like their blog about CMA exam study tips.
- Gleim is providing a 30-day free access pass to CMA Test Prep Part 1 2020, featuring a test bank of multiple-choice questions.
- For additional Gleim study tools, check out this list of free resources.
- Becker 14-day free demo: Try Becker’s CMA exam review course – Part 1 and Part 2 included. Use code: cma14daytrial.
- Free Becker Accounting and Business Skills Bundle: 20 CPE credit courses that can help you navigate your current work situation while boosting your accounting, tax, and business acumen. Topics range from managing remote teams to technical guidance around tax changes.
- Free Becker Essentials Bundle: A collection of 16.5 CPE hour courses meant to build the important skills for students and professionals entering the work force. Use code IMA400 at check out.
- CMA Exam Secrets: Expert tips to help you pass the exam the first time. Learn how to answer multiple-choice questions fast and accurately – and discover time-saving ideas for the essays.
- For additional resources, check out these helpful study tools.
Visit the CMA resources page of the IMA website for more information.