DE&I Leadership Experience
We are offering a small group of select diverse and underrepresented professionals a unique opportunity to experience and impact IMA’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) efforts through a first-hand look into the inner workings of our DE&I Committee. This will be a commitment of six months, from January 2024 through June 2024.
This experience will provide the selected participants with the following specific opportunities:
- Award of the DEI practices certificate of the IMA free of cost to the participant subject to the participant satisfying the proficiency requirements of the certificate.
- Be mentored by an IMA volunteer leader.
- Participate as a presenter and/or as a moderator in the IMA Leadership Academy (IMALA) Spring webinar on a diversity topic.
- Engage in periodically scheduled virtual activities including meetings with the DEI committee, IMALA committee, and IMA’s Sustainability Management Committee, and contribute as necessary.
- Learn the inner workings of volunteer governance.
- Gain valuable leadership experience and be recognized as a future leader of the IMA, and
- Attendance at a local IMA community event in your region*
To participate in the DE&I Leadership Experience, a participant must be an IMA professional or student member in good standing, have an interest in volunteering with IMA to build leadership skills, Demonstrate passion and/or interest in the topic of DE&I. Be proficient in the English language.
Applicants who can demonstrate their underrepresentation at their work, profession, or community will be given preference.
Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on October 31, 2023. Please click here to apply.
Applications will be reviewed in November 2023, and selected individuals will be notified by December 1, 2023.
* IMA will cover the cost of travel to your regional community event.