IMA Salary Surveys
IMA’s Global Salary Survey, organized into U.S. and regional surveys, analyzes self-reported data from members around the world. Topics covered include: base salary and total compensation, the impact of gender and age, the effect of the CMA, and job satisfaction (such as work hours and benefits).
- Globally, the median base salary is 45% higher, and total compensation is 50% higher for CMAs over non-CMAs.*
- CMAs of all ages earn more than non-CMAs. Those aged 30-39 receive a median salary 49-50% greater than their non-CMA peers.*
- CMAs believe their certification creates career opportunities and strengthens their ability to move across business areas.
* IMA Global Salary Survey (Published 2017)
Robert Half Salary Center
See starting compensation for more than 400 jobs, including senior accountant, financial analyst and controller, in the Robert Half Salary Guide for Accounting and Finance.
- Understand trends affecting finance salaries.
- Get exclusive insight into the hiring environment.
- Tap the Salary Calculator for local salary comparisons.