IMA Salary Surveys
IMA’s Global Salary Survey examines earnings specific to management accountants and those with the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) credential. It is organized into U.S. and regional surveys and analyzes self-reported data from members around the world. Topics covered include: base salary and total compensation, the impact of gender and age, the effect of the CMA, and job satisfaction (such as work hours and benefits).
- Globally, the median base salary is 45% higher, and total compensation is 50% higher for CMAs over non-CMAs.*
- CMAs of all ages earn more than non-CMAs. Those aged 30-39 receive a median salary 49-50% greater than their non-CMA peers.*
- CMAs believe their certification creates career opportunities and strengthens their ability to move across business areas.
* IMA Global Salary Survey (Published 2017)
Access IMA’s global and regional salary surveys by clicking on the icons below:
Robert Half Salary Center
See starting compensation for more than 400 jobs, including senior accountant, financial analyst and controller, in the Robert Half Salary Guide for Accounting and Finance.
- Understand trends affecting finance salaries.
- Get exclusive insight into the hiring environment.
- Tap the Salary Calculator for local salary comparisons.