Does your company hire student interns? If so, did you know that providing IMA? (Institute of Management Accountants) student membership to your interns can help enhance their skills, underscore your organization?s commitment to their professional development, and even enable you to attract more top-level candidates?
Providing interns with a $25 one-year IMA student membership gives them access to:
- Learning opportunities?including online courses, webinars, podcasts, and more?that target skills needed by the modern accounting and finance organization.
- Networking at local and global events.
- The CMA? (Certified Management Accountant) program. Students can take the two-part CMA exam while still in school.
Noted Lisa Beaudoin, CMA, CSCA, CAE, IMA senior director of business development, ?In this increasingly competitive job market and with organizations seeking to attract top talent, offering student membership to interns is a great way to set your organization apart. It also can equip your interns with skills that can deliver real value to your organization and help you identify candidates?especially those who make the most of advanced learning opportunities?who might have the potential for permanent employment.?
Some of the popular courses that students can take advantage of include:
- IMA Data Analytics & Visualization Fundamentals Certificate? ? Interns will learn how the power of data can be harnessed to gain deeper insights into business performance and make informed strategic decisions. Participants earn an IMA professional certificate and a digital badge.
- IMA's RPA Series ? Covers the hot topic of robotic process automation (RPA) in four courses: RPA 101, RPA Value Creation, Governing RPA, and Your Role with RPA.
- Blockchain 101 by IMA ? This course will help interns develop foundational knowledge in blockchain technology. It features a personalized game-based blockchain complex composed of four towers, with each floor presenting new blockchain concepts and applications.
- Strategic Analysis for Management Accountants and CFOs ? Interns can gain insight on how accounting and finance professionals can think and communicate strategically. Based on a highly rated webinar from IMA?s Strategic Management Webinar Series, this course will take interns through some strategy frameworks that are fundamental to strategic analysis.
Commenting on the value of the program, Dani Noyes, program manager, Finance Leadership Development and Internship Programs at CVS Health, said, ?We gave our interns access to a full year of IMA membership, and they found the educational components and certificates very helpful. The skills they learned, especially from the Data Analytics and Visualization Fundamentals Certificate, are in demand within our organization.?
IMA works in partnership with organizations that participate in the program, including offering information and kick-off meetings, summaries of recommended courses, and more.
For more information about the program, please contact Mitra Kleinberg, IMA business development manager, at email@example.com or Matt Workman, IMA business relationship manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.?