IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) is here to support our many members who may be required to practice social distancing and to limit their in-person interactions. IMA offers many virtual resources that can provide members with a way to stay connected and to continue their professional development.
All of the following virtual resources are free to members; please consider accessing them and taking advantage of the benefits of being part of a global membership organization. Together, we are stronger.
IMA’s webinars provide easy-access education to enhance members’ career and industry knowledge. Each year, IMA conducts more than 50 webinars that are eligible for NASBA continuing professional education (NASBA CPE) credits, at no cost to members.
- IMA’s “Webinars on Demand” series is designed specifically for members who want to access the content of our highly rated webinars on key management accounting topics at their convenience. The series features three packages: Webinars on Demand: Technology; Webinars on Demand: Leadership; and the newly released Webinars on Demand: Leadership II. Members earn between 1 and 1.5 ICMA CPE credits per webinar within each package.
- IMA Excel 365: Tips in Ten: Members can keep up with the latest Excel features for free with IMA Excel 365: Tips in Ten, which features 10-minute, mobile-friendly, nano courses, expertly presented by Mr. Excel. Access this course to learn new features, tools, formulas, and artificial intelligence recently made available to Office 365 users. New courses will be added as new features are rolled out. Members earn 0.2 ICMA CPE credits for successfully completing each course.
- IMA Ethics Series: Members have access to two free Ethics CPE through an Annual Ethics Benefit token program. The token can be used to purchase any one of the 6 IMA Ethics Series products. A new token is issued to each member upon membership renewal. Members can find their token in the myProfile section of their membership dashboard.
- Statement of Cash Flows Tutorial: This one ICMA CPE credit course offers simple step-by-step instructions, guiding users through creating a Statement of Cash Flows using either the direct or indirect method. Now free to all IMA members. Access the course here.
Research and Professional Knowledge
IMA provides timely, actionable information about the profession with:
- Publications, including:
- Strategic Finance, IMA’s monthly award-winning publication, available online or in print.
- Management Accounting Quarterly (MAQ), a refereed online journal on critical topics affecting the profession.
- Strategic Finance blogs, including SF TechNotes, a twice-monthly blog that looks at the latest trends and developments in technology, and IMA Moments, which features IMA leaders sharing advice on career development and discussing their own experiences.
- IMA Educational Case Journal (IECJ®), a quarterly teaching-case journal for academics.
- Thought Leadership: Leading-edge research that provides practitioners with the information they need to be successful in today’s rapidly changing business environment.
- Learn how to address technological changes with reports including “The Impact of Big Data on Finance,” “How to Embrace Data Analytics to be Successful,” and “The Data Revolution.”
- The changing profession is discussed in “Stepping Outside the Box: Elevating the Role of the Controller,” “Tomorrow’s Finance Enterprise,” and other reports.
- Catch up on trends in the business world and the profession with the Global Economics Conditions Survey report and the new IMA 2020 Global Salary Survey.
- Go to the Research and Publications webpage for a variety of additional resources.
- Technology & Analytics Center: Educational resources focused on key technology and data analytics trends affecting the accounting and finance profession.
- IMA’s podcast, Count Me In, brings you the latest perspectives on all things affecting the accounting and finance world, as told by the industry experts in the field. Subscribe to the podcast series to hear conversations about technology and data analytics, leadership and career development, and more.
Career and Networking Resources
- CareerDriver®: An online career management tool that helps members assess their skills and match them to 46 job roles. Members can also build a customized development plan with the help of more than 1,000 resources, including self-study courses, webinars, podcasts, publications, and on-the-job activities.
- myIMA Network: Members can connect with professionals worldwide through this proprietary online networking tool.
- IMA Leadership Academy: A resource for supporting the development and enhancement of members’ leadership education and skills to aid in career advancement. Monthly Leadership Academy webinars cover various topics, including coaching, team building, conflict resolution, and problem solving.
In addition, IMA is currently in the process of developing a number of new products that will be available for members, some of them free of charge, including a new IMA Data Analytics & Visualization Fundamentals Certificate™, which will be free for members through April 30. The course will offer NASBA CPE credit, a professional certificate, and a digital badge. Members are advised to watch their email for the latest details.
For more information on IMA, please visit www.imanet.org.