IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) recently launched a new IMA Data Analytics & Visualization Fundamentals Certificate™ online course, part of an ongoing campaign to integrate knowledge and expertise in data analytics into the core skillset of management accountants. And now through June 30, the course will be available free for all IMA members.
The course enables professionals and students to learn from industry experts about emerging technologies, data analytics, and data visualization. The course provides insights into:
- How artificial intelligence, blockchain, robotic process automation, and other technologies are changing the way finance and accounting professionals work;
- How to make sense of Big Data using data analytics and visualization tools; and
- How to create data visualizations that communicate effectively and better enable business decision making.
Those who complete the course will earn an IMA professional certificate, a digital badge, and 9 NASBA CPE credits.
“The foundational knowledge and tools this course provides are critical to finance professionals and will better equip them in an environment where technology continues to disrupt and transform entire industries,” said Debbie Warner, CAE, CPLP, vice president, IMA Education and Career Services.
The course’s four modules will take learners from understanding the impact of technology and analytics on business processes to being able to apply skills in their careers. The modules include:
- Becoming Data Driven: Introduces the changes impacting the accounting and finance profession due to emerging technology;
- Visualizing the Present and Predicting the Future: Discusses the various data visualization tools and the importance of choosing the right visualization based on one’s audience;
- Applying Data Analytics and Visualization: Provides video-based tutorials for performing the required analytics, and then learners are asked to apply these techniques to answer in-depth, scenario-based exercises on data analytics and data visualization; and
- Conclusion and Final Assessment: Reviews all lessons learned and culminates in a final assessment.