IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) recently released its Annual Review, highlighting record global growth in Fiscal Year 2019 (July 2018 through June 2019). The “100 Years and Counting” report summarizes the events and milestones IMA reached in terms of CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) metrics, global growth, educational offerings, and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Among the key achievements of the past year, IMA:
- Experienced significant year-over-year growth in membership (25%) and key CMA metrics, such as new CMA candidates (26%), CMA exam registrations (46%), and new CMAs (89%)
- Awarded more than 10,000 CMAs and reached 139,000 members spanning 150 countries
- Offered chapter events and courses across its global offices
- Launched new career-focused educational products and services, such as a Technology & Analytics Center and CareerDriver® Assessment Tool
- Enhanced its Management Accounting Competency Framework and developed the new CMA 2020 exam, reflecting digital and strategic skills needed to stay relevant
- Hosted Women’s Accounting Leadership Series events across four continents
The report, available for download on IMA’s website, features commentary from FY 2019 Chair of IMA’s Global Board of Directors Ginger White, CMA, CSCA; and IMA President and CEO Jeff Thomson, CMA, CSCA, CAE.
Notes Thomson in the report, “Our members are the reason we exist, and the programs, products, and services we develop are designed for their competitive advantage. We understand the challenges of navigating a career in this digital age, and we are committed to helping members achieve their goals. When any one of them gains relevance because they learned a new skill or expanded their career comfort zone, we have done our job.”
Visit the IMA Fiscal Year 2019 in Review webpage for complete details.