To enter the contest, develop a 30-second to two-minute video focused on:
- Showing a “day in the life” of a CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) in the next century.
- Describing what future jobs CMAs will hold.
- Addressing what challenges CMAs will need to overcome and how the CMA certification will help them succeed.
- Making predictions about what CMAs will face in the next 100 years.
Videos can be shot using an iPhone, Android, GoPro, DSLR, or video camera and can take a variety of approaches. Videos can be funny, artsy, or true-to-life: Participants can create a music video, stage a job interview or business meeting, or anchor a news segment, for example. Everyone is encouraged to unleash their creativity, think outside the box, and have fun!
For inspiration, see the 2018 Video Contest Winners.
The deadline for submissions is January 31, 2019. IMA’s panel of independent judges will review all videos and select up to three finalists per the judging criteria and up to 10 honorable mentions. Finalist videos will be posted on Facebook for voting on Friday, February 15, 2019. The winning video will be announced on Friday, March 1, 2019, on IMA’s Facebook page.
Prizes for the top entries include (in USD):
- First (Grand Prize): $2,500 and team members will also receive a Wiley CMAexcel Platinum Review Course Scholarship (digital version - $1,750 USD value)
- Second: $1,500 and team members will also receive a Wiley CMAexcel 11th Hour Final Review Scholarship (digital version - $600 USD value)
- Third: $1,000 and team members will also receive a Wiley CMAexcel 11th Hour Final Review Scholarship (digital version - $600 USD value)
- Up to 10 Honorable Mention prizes: $100 Visa Gift Card
Spread the word about the CMA and help IMA celebrate the 100-year milestone. Visit the IMA website for full details about Terms and Conditions, Prizes, and Entry Form. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-638-4427 or +1 (201) 573-9000 (if outside North America).