Here’s your opportunity to become part of the global leadership of IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants).
IMA is accepting applications for open volunteer Advisory Committee positions and volunteer positions on local chapter and council boards, now through March 9, 2018. All IMA members are encouraged to apply – volunteer service is a great way to build your leadership skills.
To apply, please complete IMA's Volunteer Leadership Application (note: member login is required). Open positions include:
- Chapter and Council Officer Position: No travel required; one-year commitment.
- Member of ICMA Board of Regents: Travel is required for two meetings per year; three-year commitment.
- Member of IMA Annual Conference & Expo Program Committee: Applicants should have attended at least one of IMA's conferences. Committee members are required to travel to one in-person meeting and attend IMA’s 2019 Annual Conference & Expo in San Diego, Calif.
- Member of IMA Committee on Ethics: Travel is required for two meetings per year; two-year commitment.
- Member of CMA Exam Review Committee: No travel required. Must be a CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) and have time to review exam questions and provide feedback.
- Member of Leadership Academy Mentoring Program Team: No travel required; one-year commitment.
- Member of IMA Small Business Financial and Regulatory Affairs Committee: Travel is required for one meeting per year; one-year commitment.
- Member of IMA Technology Solutions and Practices Committee: Travel is required for two meetings per year; two-year commitment.
- Member of IMA Committee on Academic Relations: No travel required; two-year commitment.
- Member of IMA Diversity and Inclusion Committee: No travel required; one-year commitment.
- Member of IMA Leadership Academy Faculty: No travel required; two-year commitment.
When you apply, please indicate which committee(s) you are interested in and upload your cover letter and résumé or bio, as instructed. Roles, responsibilities, and descriptions are available on the application page, as well as a brief description of committee purposes and desired volunteer qualifications.
Please note that IMA does not reimburse committee members for travel to meetings. Volunteers, therefore, should have the financial means and/or the support of their employers to participate in face-to-face meetings. If you are unable to fund your travel, consider applying for a committee that does not require travel.
If you have any questions, contact Pat Stefanczyk, CAE, IMA vice president of governance and volunteer leadership, at email@example.com or at +1 (201) 474-1592.