On October 15-16, 2018, IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) will present a two-day live workshop on COSO Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) at the University of Massachusetts Club in Boston. Workshop leaders will include a former COSO Board member and a renowned ERM expert, who will guide participants through the concepts and principles of COSO’s updated 2017 ERM Framework.
Register while seats are still available. IMA members save 20%.
Workshop attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Gain a clear understanding of the COSO (Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission) ERM Framework
- Learn how to integrate the Framework into an organization’s strategy-setting process to drive business performance
- Develop skills for managing enterprise risk
- Earn 18 NASBA CPE credits, a COSO Certificate of Educational Achievement, and a digital badge
- Sandra Richtermeyer, CMA, CPA, Ph.D. – Former IMA Chair and COSO Board Member; Dean, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Manning School of Business
- Paul L. Walker, CPA, Ph.D. – Zurich Chair in Enterprise Risk Management; Executive Director, Center for Excellence in ERM, St. John's University
- Robert Golder – IMA Senior Manager of Educational Products and Processes; Former Global Chemicals Divisional Controller
Prior to attending the live workshop, attendees are required to complete introductory prework where they can earn two NASBA CPE credits. After successful completion of the course and final exam, participants will be awarded an additional 16 NASBA CPE credits, a COSO Certificate of Educational Achievement, and a digital badge. Further details are available by reading the Course Syllabus and FAQ.
For those unable to attend the Boston event, a self-study version of the ERM course is available. To receive notification of future COSO workshops, please visit COSO certificate programs.
Originally formed in 1985, COSO is a voluntary private sector organization dedicated to improving organizational performance and governance through effective internal control, enterprise risk management and fraud deterrence. COSO is jointly sponsored by IMA, the American Accounting Association (AAA), the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Financial Executives International (FEI), and The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).