Spotlight on IMA’s Switzerland Chapter
IMA’s chapter network in Europe is strong and thriving. Currently, there are 12 chapters operating in the region, each of which aims to provide members with an opportunity to develop their leadership skills, encourage networking, and foster continuous learning. We’d like to take the opportunity in this newsletter to spotlight IMA's Switzerland Chapter.
The chapter’s tagline on its LinkedIn page is “Education, Expertise, Engagement, and Events for finance professionals in Switzerland,” and the chapter certainly delivers on that mission. It is very active in providing ways for members to get involved and enhance their professional careers through IMA membership.
The chapter was recently recognized with Silver, Gold, and Platinum Chapter Activity Awards for its CPE and board activities in 2022-2023, resulting in its also being honored with a prestigious Silver Award of Excellence for its efforts on behalf of members. It publishes a thoughtful and engaging newsletter each quarter, which highlights some of the group’s recent activities and upcoming events.
In addition to hosting its own Management Accounting Conference early this summer, the chapter took its innovative thinking one step further by hosting a Summer Reading Challenge to encourage members to read books and boost their professional learning. On its LinkedIn page, the chapter also regularly publishes book reviews of resources that might be of interest to readers, and it encourages followers to share their reviews.
Plans are already underway for a busy fall for the chapter. Check out these upcoming events and webinars:
- Networking Happy Hour (12 October in Zurich)
- Branding yourself on LinkedIn (31 October, virtual webinar)
- Japan Chapter and Switzerland Chapter: IMA Facilitator-led Ethics Workshop: Can We Count on You? (17 November, virtual webinar)
- Switzerland Chapter: Scenario Based Performance Management (30 November, virtual webinar)
Other members are actively engaged in writing content for IMA’s flagship publication, Strategic Finance, including these recent columns:
- “IMA Volunteerism: The Organic Me” by Director of Strategic Development Purnima Mishra
- “IMA Life: The Best Investment” by Chapter President Ekaterina Emelianova
- “Budgeting Revisited” by former Chapter President Hessel Brouwer and member Marco Otti
For more information, please visit IMA's Switzerland Chapter.