The many challenges facing today’s controllers are well-documented. Yet there exists little in the accounting literature to tackle them directly. The Master Guide to Controllers’ Best Practices – Second Edition provides actionable insights for leaders charged with issues such as bringing greater transparency to financial performance, attracting and retaining top finance staff, and aligning strategy, risk management, and performance management.
The research, best practices, case studies, and tips from controller professionals and financial professionals shared in this book have been tested and implemented in companies of varying sizes and diverse industries. Use it to help guide your decisions on everything from revenue recognition to workforce mobility.
The guide is organized into the following sections:
- Overseeing, Governance, Compliance, Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Business Process Best Practices
- Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting, and Financial Close Best Practices
- Measuring Performance
- Process Improvement Through Automation & Technology
- Leadership and the Evolving Role of the Controller