Values and Ethics - From Inception to Practice
How can I ensure that my organization is operating ethically?
In the business reality of today, ethical performance has increased in importance for most organizations, for example:
- The individual behavior of any employee can make or break an organization's reputation.
- Globalization increases the potential for locally accepted behaviors to clash with the organizational values and ethical standards.
This report discusses:
- Issues driving the increased attention to ethical conduct and how they impact risk management and internal controls.
- Steps required to clarify, define, and develop organizational values and to create codes of ethical conduct.
- How to realize a culture where commitment to ethical values becomes the day-to-day operational expectation.
Financial professionals and management accountants must be prepared to:
- Acquire a behavioral understanding of their human capital.
- Develop the organization’s behavioral values.
- Integrate ethical thinking into the core aspects of business process management.
- Operationalize a culture of ethics.
- Continuously monitor and improve ethical compliance.
- Lead by example.