IAHS Member Services
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST
Phone: 800.638.4427 or 201.573.9000
IMA Accounting Honor Society
10 Paragon Drive
Montvale, New Jersey 07645-1760
- What do I receive as a member of IAHS? Upon acceptance, you will receive an enrollment packet containing a Certificate of Achievement, a custom IAHS graduation cord to wear at commencement, an invitation to display the IAHS digital badge on your social and professional networks, and an opportunity to join the IMA LinkedIn community. In addition, you will receive a semi-annual e-newsletter with career advice, industry insight, and alumni news.
- How long does it take to receive my cord and enrollment materials? After receiving your acceptance e-mail confirmation, please allow 4-6 weeks for processing and shipping of your enrollment packet materials. In most cases, your materials will arrive much sooner. Please be sure to provide an accurate mailing address and contact information and submit your transcript right away to ensure prompt delivery.
- What is the cost of joining IAHS? The cost to join IAHS is $50. This is a lifetime membership, so you will not have to pay any additional fees for the honor society after the initial year.
- What is the difference between IAHS membership and IMA (Institute of Management Accountants) membership? IAHS is a lifetime membership in an honor society for students who meet its eligibility requirements and pay the associated fee of $50. IMA membership provides you with access to different benefits connected with the association, which carries a separate annual membership fee. You can join both organizations to benefit from the numerous benefits that each of them offers to students. IMA student membership is priced at $39 per year. Learn more about IMA membership.
- Are professors eligible to join IAHS? IAHS welcomes academic members. If you are an academic interested in joining, please contact Jodi Ryan email@example.com.
- Can I join IAHS if I am already a member of other honor societies? Yes. There is no limit as to how many honor societies an individual can join.
- How is my eligibility verified when applying? After submitting your application and payment online, you will be asked to e-mail a transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to request and send your transcript right away to ensure prompt verification and processing of your enrollment. If we do not receive your transcript or are unable to verify your eligibility, a refund will be issued to the original form of payment.
- My overall GPA or my accounting GPA is not quite 3.0 but is very close. Am I eligible? As an honor society, IAHS has to uphold its eligibility requirements. We encourage students who have not yet graduated to apply if they become eligible at a future date. Applicants who do not meet the eligibility criteria should not apply. If eligibility cannot be verified via transcript, a refund will be issued to the original form of payment.
- I am a Master’s or Ph.D. student. Can I still be admitted as a member of the IAHS? Yes. If you’ve met all eligibility criteria, you can join IAHS. Your transcript will be required to demonstrate eligibility when you apply.
- I am a recent graduate. Can I still be admitted as a member of the IAHS? Yes. If you graduated within the last five years and have met all eligibility criteria at the time of your graduation, you can join IAHS. Your transcript will be required to demonstrate eligibility when you apply.
- I am located outside the United States. Am I eligible to join IAHS? Only students who attend an accredited college or university in the U.S. are eligible to join IAHS.
- What is an accredited college or university? Colleges or universities accredited by recognized organizations such as AACSB, ACBSP, IACBE, EQUIS, or with a regional accreditation meet the accreditation criteria.
- Am I able to receive a replacement cord or certificate? Please contact IAHS to request replacements. A fee of $15 will be charged for replacement items.
- How do I join the LinkedIn community? All IAHS members are encouraged to join the IMA LinkedIn group here.
- How do I set up my digital badge? Once you join IAHS, you will receive an e-mail invitation to display your digital badge. You can add the badge to your LinkedIn profile and share it on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ to promote yourself as a leader.
- I am having trouble logging in or checking out. How can I request help with website issues? Please contact IAHS Member Services at (800) 638-4427. You can also send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- I changed my mind about membership. Am I eligible for a refund? IAHS membership is nonrefundable. If you have any feedback or suggestions for how we can improve, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us at (800) 638-4427 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I update my IAHS membership profile or e-mail address? To update any information related to your IAHS membership profile, including your e-mail address, contact IAHS Member Services at (800) 638-4427 or log in here with the e-mail address and password you created when enrolling. Please keep your information current in order to receive ongoing communications and updates from IAHS.