IMA Campus Advocate Program
Campus Advocates are IMA champions on campus, committed to helping prepare students for successful careers.
When you become a Campus Advocate, you help:
- Disseminate CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) and IMA marketing materials
- Promote the CMA certification, student membership benefits, and the formation of student chapters
- Invite practitioners to speak on campus through our Campus Influencers program
- Leverage IMA resources to advance your accounting curriculum
What Is the Role of an IMA Campus Advocate?
Campus Advocates help contribute to their students’ future success by engaging in activities such as:
- Informing students about the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) program and the benefits of becoming a CMA
- Nominating students for CMA Scholarships
- Connecting students to the professional world by inviting practitioners from the finance and accounting field to speak to classes, organizations, or clubs
- Coordinating industry visits to nearby businesses
- Advising students about career opportunities and which courses would be helpful in pursuing those opportunities
- Working with the school’s career center to foster relationships with local companies to offer internships in management accounting
- Providing input to the campus curriculum advisory board to ensure current relevancy of the accounting curriculum
- Distributing information to students about IMA membership and related activities, including formation of student chapters, applying for scholarships, and participating in awards and competitions
- Promoting student participation at the IMA Student Leadership Conference
- Encouraging their institution to apply for IMA’s Higher Education Endorsement Program
- Using IMA programs and materials (webinars, case studies, journal articles, etc.) to supplement course content where appropriate
- Providing a link to IMA’s website (www.imanet.org) from the accounting club/accounting department’s website
- Encouraging students to attend local IMA chapter meetings
Campus Advocate Resources
Campus Advocates receive tangible benefits, including waived IMA membership fees and prestigious recognitions.
Check out our Campus Resource Center to download articles and supporting documents, order marketing materials for your campus, and view our webinars.
Become a Campus Advocate
If you or someone you know is passionate about helping students develop into future leaders within the accounting and finance professions, please complete this short application form and submit it to email@example.com.
Dues will be waived upon submission of an IMA student membership list and/or Annual Activity Form that shows completion of required activities. Please send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already an IMA member or become one before you enroll 10 IMA student members, your IMA membership will be extended for one year. Each year you must enroll 10 or more new IMA student members for your membership to be extended.