You've Got to Earn it!
The theme of the contest is “You’ve Got to Earn It.” We’re inviting you to explore the future of the management accounting profession as we enter the age of AI and automation in the workplace. In what ways does the CMA prepare you for the future and how does the certification make careers “future-proof?” Unleash your creativity, think outside the box, and have fun!
How Does it Work?
Create your own CMA story and shoot your video! Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Entertaining and Informational Video: Create a music video, film a mini-drama, showcase how the CMA certification can help make careers “future-proof.” Anchor a news segment, create an infomercial, film a mock classroom... the possibilities are endless.
- Career Video: Stage a job interview, business meeting, or deliver a presentation on how the CMA will give you an edge in business – today and tomorrow.
- Your Own Vision: (Check out last year’s winners): Put on your expert hat and share your wisdom! Get creative with an in-depth dive into what the CMA is all about and how it can prepare you for your future.
Here are some points you could focus on in your video:
- In what ways does the CMA prepare you for the future of accounting and how does the certification make careers “future-proof?”
- What do you think the future of the profession will look like?
- What will be your career trajectory in the future with the CMA?
- How will the CMA benefit management accountants in the workplace of the future?
- Show how CMAs will be the one’s managing the robots
Use your iPhone, Android, GoPro, DSLR, or video camera. The video should be created and shot solely by the team.
Your video could be funny, artsy, or true-to-life. Videos must be a minimum of 30 seconds long and must not exceed two minutes. Have fun with the editing process.
Become a Star!
IMA’s panel of independent judges will review all the videos and select up to three finalists per the judging criteria (specified below). These finalist videos will be featured on IMA’s Facebook page. The number of likes for each video will determine who gets First, Second, and Third place! This is when you can invite your friends, peers, and family to support your creation and launch your submission to the top!
Finalist videos will be posted on Facebook for voting on February 19, 2018. The winning video will be announced on March 1, 2018, and will be featured at IMA’s Annual Conference in Indianapolis on June 16-20, 2018.
Win Great Prizes!
- First (Grand Prize): $2,500 (USD) plus travel costs for up to 5 team members to attend IMA’s Annual Conference. All team members will also receive the Wiley CMAexcel CMA Review Course Scholarship (valued at $1,795 USD).
- Second: $1,500 (USD) and team members (up to five) will also receive the Wiley CMAexcel Online Intensive Review with CMA Test Bank Scholarship ($470 value)
- Third: $1,000 (USD) and team members (up to five) will also receive the Wiley CMAexcel Online Intensive Review with CMA Test Bank Scholarship ($470 value)
- Up to 5 Honorable Mention prizes: $100 (USD) Visa Gift Card
Who can enter?
Anyone can enter! Students, faculty members, working professionals, aspiring film directors – we want to hear from you.
All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
How to submit your video:
All videos will be submitted by sending IMA a link to their “unlisted” YouTube video using the online registration form. Entrants must supply all details required by the registration form and comply with all rules to be eligible to participate in the competition. If submitting a video as a group, designate one representative to be the contact person.
Simply complete the entry form and upload your video to YouTube. Please click here for directions to make a video unlisted.
CMA and Copyrighted material:
You can use the CMA logo and images but videos must not contain any copyrighted material (including copyrighted background music) unless you have the rights to the material. Click here to access official CMA logos.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: 1-800-638-4427