You've Got to Earn it!
The theme of the contest is “You’ve Got to Earn it”: Are you just learning about the CMA program for the first time or have you already risen to the challenge of the CMA exams? We want to hear what the CMA means to you – unleash your creativity, think outside the box, and have fun!
For inspiration, see our new commercial.
How Does it Work?
Create your own CMA story and shoot your video! Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Entertaining and Informational Video: Create a music video, film a mini-drama, showcase how the CMA certification can make a difference in people’s lives. Anchor a news segment, create an infomercial, film a mock classroom... the possibilities are endless.
- Career Video: Create a video resume highlighting CMA skills to future employers. Stage a job interview, business meeting, or deliver a presentation to your “boss” on getting a promotion with the CMA.
- Your Own Vision: Put on your expert hat and share your wisdom! Get creative with an in-depth dive of what the CMA is all about.
Here are some points you could focus on in your video:
- Pride and prestige of the CMA
- Why it’s good to take the CMA exams while still in school
- The value of the CMA (leadership, strategy, earnings, etc.)
- Careers you could have with a CMA
- Study tips for the CMA exam
- Life-study balance while preparing for CMA exam
Use your iPhone, Android, GoPro, DSLR or video camera. The video should be created and shot solely by the team.
Your video could be funny, artsy, or true-to-life. Videos must be a minimum of 30 seconds long and must not exceed two minutes. Have fun with the editing process.
Become a Star!
IMA’s panel of independent judges will review all the videos and select up to three finalists per the judging criteria (specified below). These finalist videos will be featured on IMA’s Facebook page. The number of likes for each video will determine who gets first, second and third place! This is when you can invite your friends, peers, and family to support your creation and launch your submission to the top!
Finalist videos will be posted on Facebook for voting on February 20, 2017. The winning video will be announced on March 1, 2017, and will be featured at IMA’s Annual Conference in Denver on June 17-21, 2017.
Win Great Prizes!
- First (Grand Prize): $2,500 (USD) plus travel costs for up to 5 team members to attend IMA’s Annual Conference. All team members will also receive the Wiley CMAexcel CMA Review Course Scholarship (valued at $1,795 USD)
- Second: $1,500 (USD) and team members (up to five) will also receive the Wiley CMAexcel Online Intensive Review with CMA Test Bank Scholarship ($470 value)
- Third: $1,000 (USD) and team members (up to five) will also receive the Wiley CMAexcel Online Intensive Review with CMA Test Bank Scholarship ($470 value)
- Up to 5 Honorable Mention prizes: $100 (USD) Visa Gift Card
Who can enter?
Anyone can enter! Students, faculty members, working professionals, aspiring film directors – we want to hear from you.
All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
How to submit your video:
All videos will be submitted by sending IMA a link to their “unlisted” YouTube video using the online registration form. Entrants must supply all details required by the registration form and comply with all rules to be eligible to participate in the competition. If submitting a video as a group, designate one representative to be the contact person.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: 1-800-638-4427