IMA Launches Management Accounting Case Book the Latest Publication in Series
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Montvale, N.J., May 11, 2016 – IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants), the association of accountants and financial professionals in business, announced today the expansion of its publication series with “Management Accounting Case Book: Cases from the IMA Educational Case Journal.” It is available for purchase both in print and electronically at: http://www.imanet.org/resources-publications/ima-books/iecj-case-book.
Ideal for classroom settings or corporate training, the Case Book includes high-quality case studies relevant to the current business environment and is organized around the following themes:
- Strategic Cost Management (including product and service costing, cost allocation, and strategy implementation)
- Planning and Decision Making (including cost estimation, CVP analysis, budgeting, decision making, capital investments, target costing, and TOC)
- Operations, Process Management and Innovation (including flexible budgeting, standard costs, variance analysis, nonfinancial performance indicators, quality control, lean, and innovation governance)
- Risk Management and Internal Controls (including sustainability, performance evaluation and indicators, responsibility centers, balanced scorecard, transfer pricing, compensation, and incentives)
- Business Leadership and Ethics (including the role of the management accountant, ethical situations, IMA Guidelines, whistleblowing, organizational culture, and employee engagement)
“The case journal serves as an illustrative and in-depth overview of issues currently being experienced by professionals worldwide,” said Raef Lawson, Ph.D., CMA, CFA, CPA, IMA vice president of research and policy. “We’re excited for educators and companies to utilize these materials in educational experiences.”
Accompanying Teaching Notes are also available upon request to academics and professionals for instructional use.
To learn more about IMA’s expanded library of thought leadership papers and books, visit:www.imanet.org/thought_leadership.
About IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants)
IMA®, the association of accountants and financial professionals in business, is one of the largest and most respected associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. Globally, IMA supports the profession through research, the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) program, continuing education, networking and advocacy of the highest ethical business practices. IMA has a global network of more than 80,000 members in 140 countries and 300 professional and student chapters. Headquartered in Montvale, N.J., USA, IMA provides localized services through its four global regions: The Americas, Asia/Pacific, Europe, and Middle East/Africa. For more information about IMA, please visit www.imanet.org.