IMA Opens Early Bird Registration for 2016 Annual Conference and Expo Coming to Las Vegas in June
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Stern Strategy Group
Stern Strategy Group
Montvale, N.J., January 26, 2016 – Today, IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) announced Early Bird registration for its 2016 Annual Conference & Expo, to be held at The Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas on June 18-22, 2016.
With distinguished speakers addressing pressing issues in the accounting and finance fields, this year’s conference provides a breadth of opportunity for continuing education, networking and career advancement. With a program of 50 sessions to choose from, attendees can earn 30 or more hours of NASBA-approved Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
Nearly 1,000 professionals from large and small businesses, public corporations, academic institutions and government agencies are expected to attend the conference, providing attendees with the opportunity to create strong business leads, meet potential customers and find new ways to explore their career in management accounting.
This year’s conference will also feature a number of keynote speakers, including:
• Billy Beane, Executive Vice President of Baseball Operations for the Oakland A’s, who will present “Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game”
• Leeza Gibbons, Emmy Award Winner & New York Times bestselling author, who will present “How to Play Nice and Win Big”
• Kevin Lacz, Former Navy SEAL and friend of Chris Kyle (subject of the movie American Sniper), who will present “Risk vs. Reward: Kevin Lacz’s Journey From Struggling Student to Navy SEAL and American Sniper Co-Star”
• Mike Dinsdale, CFA, Chief Growth Officer of DocuSign, Inc., who will present “Executives of the Future”
• Marianne Jennings, J.D., Emeritus Professor of Legal and Ethical Studies in Business at Arizona State University, who will present “What Went Wrong in Organizations that Made the Headlines for Ethical Lapses”
• Amy Liberman, Esq., Executive Director at Insight Employment Meditation LLC, who will present “Resolving Conflict: The 7 Conflict Currencies”
• Neal O’Farrell, Executive Director of The Identify Theft Council, who will present “The Role You Can Play in Preventing Catastrophic Data Breaches”
In addition, IMA will announce the winners of its 2016 Global Awards, which recognize accomplished, selfless and distinguished leaders and volunteers for outstanding contributions to IMA and the management accounting profession. Submissions are now open for all categories, with one award, The Distinguished Advocate, open to non-members. To learn more, please visithttp://www.imanet.org/programs-events/ima-global-awards
Early Bird conference registration rates will be available through March 31, 2016. For complete information on the Annual Conference and registration, visit www.imaconference.org. Attendees can join the conversation at #IMA16ACE.
About IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants)
IMA®, the association of accountants and financial professionals in business, is one of the largest and most respected associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. Globally, IMA supports the profession through research, the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) program, continuing education, networking and advocacy of the highest ethical business practices. IMA has a global network of more than 80,000 members in 140 countries and 300 professional and student chapters. Headquartered in Montvale, N.J., USA, IMA provides localized services through its four global regions: The Americas, Asia/Pacific, Europe and Middle East/Africa. For more information about IMA, please visit www.imanet.org.