Make the Most of Your Membership
Everyone expects value from an investment – even (especially?) when that investment is in a professional association. Yes, you’re an IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) member, a fact you can proudly display on your professional profile and which enables you to earn and maintain your CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) certification, but did you know that being part of IMA offers you so much more? Below, see some of the many benefits of being an IMA member.
Advance Your Career
- CMA Certification: For more than 40 years, the CMA certification has been the global benchmark for management accountants and financial professionals. Earn the CMA to prove mastery of 11 critical practice areas most in demand by today’s employers.
- CareerDriver: IMA’s online career management tool, CareerDriver® helps you assess your skills against 28 competencies and 40 job titles. Since its launch just two years ago, more than 4,000 members have logged in, creating more than 1,900 self-assessments and more than 1,500 development plans.
- CSCA Specialty Credential: The CSCA® (Certified in Strategy and Competitive Analysis) credential complements and expands upon the strategic planning, competitive analysis, and decision-making skills developed through the CMA.
- 500+ CPE courses: Satisfy your CPE requirements with a broad catalog of courses for every stage of your career. IMA’s latest innovation, IMA MicroCPE™, is a new subscription package that includes more than 70 short, video-based mini-courses (about 10 minutes in length), covering relevant management accounting topics.
- IMA Webinars: Enhance your career and industry knowledge with exclusive free, members-only sessions, plus earn NASBA CPE credits.
- IMA's Annual Conference & Expo, Regional Conferences, Student Leadership Conference: Gain a dynamic networking and learning experience at these popular events: the IMA Annual Conference & Expo is held every June, while the Student Leadership Conference takes place in November.
- LinkUp IMA: Connect with professionals worldwide through this proprietary online networking tool. You can also network through our Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn channels.
- IMA's 300+ Global Chapters and Councils: Get involved with your local community at one of more than 300 professional chapters, councils, and student chapters located around the world, 60 of which are outside of the U.S. Late in 2017, IMA launched new chapter websites, with a refreshed, improved user experience consistent with IMA’s global website.
- IMA's Publications: Take the pulse of the profession with timely, actionable information from:
- Strategic Finance, our award-winning monthly publication
- Management Accounting Quarterly, a refereed online journal on critical topics affecting the profession
- IMA Educational Case Journal (IECJ®), a quarterly, teaching-case journal for academics
- E-newsletters, from general membership news in Inside IMA to specialty areas, including technology, careers, students, academics, and CMA certification
- IMA Thought Leadership: Access the latest and rigorously researched data, best practices, and techniques with our sponsored research studies and analyses of industry trends and our Statements on Management Accounting (SMAs), practitioner guides on a wide range of topics within the profession.
- IMA Books: Stay ahead of the curve with practical information from IMA’s series of published books, on topics such as ethics, innovation, management accounting best practices, and controllership.
- Ethics Center: Members and other professionals can access our confidential Ethics Helpline for guidance on ethical issues in business. You can also access resources, such as our Statement of Ethical Professional Practice and various learning resources, to promote integrity in business.
IMA members enjoy deals from some of the world’s leading brands, such as:
- Lenovo – Save up to 30% off the everyday public web price of Lenovo’s entire product line of laptops, tablets, desktops, servers, accessories, and more. Visit the IMA Lenovo Webstore.
- Wiley CMAexcel – Receive discounted access to Wiley CMAexcel, the industry-leading suite of CMA exam review products. Members are eligible for 25% off all Wiley CMAexcel products purchased on efficientlearning.com/cma.
- Insperity, Inc.– Gain access to numerous offerings from this NYSE-listed company to help improve business performance, including human capital management, payroll services, employment screening, insurance services, and more. View details at IMA Member Link.
- UPS® Saving Program – Save up to 34% in the U.S. and 30% in Canada on UPS® shipping services. To enroll, call 1-800-MEMBERS (1-800-636-2377). For more information, visit IMA Member Link (U.S) or IMA Member Link (Canada).
- Office Depot/Office Max – Save up to 80% off more than 93,000 products. For more information, go to IMA Member Link.
- GEICO – Receive an up to 8% discount off Geico's already-low rates. Call 1-800-368-2734 to speak with an agent or visit IMA Member Link.
- Rental Cars (Avis and Budget) – Enjoy up to 25% off every Avis rental; click on IMA Member Link for more information. You can also enjoy up to 25% off every Budget rental; click on IMA Member Link for more information.