Thinking about the Future During Women’s History Month
Since congressional declaration in 1987, March has been recognized as Women’s History Month in the U.S. Each year is celebrated with a theme and a new list of honorees. The theme for 2017 is “Honoring Trailblazing Women in Labor and Business,” which aligns perfectly with the Women’s Accounting Leadership Series (WALS), an event-driven empowerment initiative for professional women in accounting and finance presented by IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants) and Pace University.
On May 5, join other smart, strong, and successful women for the next inspiring and educational WALS event. Offered semi-annually, the spring event will be held at Rice University in Houston, Texas. Registration is $50, and includes a light breakfast and lunch. Receive an additional $20 off with code WALS30Houston, valid only through March 31, 2017. Register today: WALS in Houston.
Discover how to advance your career and blaze new trails while gaining insights into leadership, work/life balance, accounting trends, and much more. Attendees will also earn 4 NASBA-approved continuing professional education (CPE) credits. The event – created by women, for women – will feature a mix of lectures, roundtable discussions, and networking opportunities. Hear from accomplished leaders in accounting and finance, as they share their expertise, advice, and career paths:
- Sandra Richtermeyer, CMA, CPA, Ph.D., Dean, Manning School of Business, University of Massachusetts Lowell and former IMA Global Chair
- Leslie Seidman, Executive Director, Center for Excellence in Financial Reporting, Lubin School of Business, Pace University and immediate past Chairman of FASB
- Denise Castillo Rhodes, EVP and CFO, Texas Medical Center
- Loreal Jiles, Financial Reporting Manager, BP
- Shyamli Ajit Mohamed, CMA, Director of Tax, Halliburton
Many inspirational women, throughout history, have founds ways to do the work that they love and build a life that makes them proud. Take the lead in your professional life and register today for WALS!
For any questions, please contact Lisa Beaudoin, CMA, CAE, IMA director of educational partnerships, at email@example.com, or by calling (201) 474-1708.