ICMA Announces Awards for English and Chinese CMA Exam Programs
ICMA® (Institute of Certified Management Accountants) announced the winners of its most recent CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) medals, recognizing, in separate categories, professional and student members who participated in the English and Simplified Chinese exam programs.
English Exam: Professional Category
Of the 5,904 who took the CMA exam in English during the May/June 2017 testing window, medals were awarded to the following professionals for their exceptional performance:
- Michael Paul Donnelly, Jr., of Milford, N.J., received the ICMA Gold Medal for achieving the highest exam score.
- Macid Merey, of Ankara, Turkey, received the ICMA Silver Medal for achieving the second-highest exam score.
- Russell Evans Dula, of Kirkland, Wash., received the ICMA Bronze Medal for achieving the third-highest exam score. Erin Blue, of Oregon City, Ore.; and Xinhe Qi, of Los Angeles, Calif.; both received an ICMA Certificate of Distinguished Performance.
English Exam: Student Category
In the student category, Yash Mahajay Patani, of Mumbai, India, earned the Priscilla S. Payne Outstanding Student Performance Award for receiving the highest exam score as a student.
The following students were awarded a Student Certificate of Distinguished Performance: Kevin Curry, of Henderson, Nev.; Lingshuang He, of Hubei, China; David Lesluyes, of Gardanne, France; and Luyao Zhao, of Xiamen, China.
Chinese Exam: Professional Category
Of the 8,072 individuals who took the CMA exam in Simplified Chinese during the July 2017 testing period, ICMA recognized the following professionals for their outstanding performance:
- Huan Zhou received the ICMA Gold Medal for achieving the highest exam score.
- Jiemin Zhang and Feilong Xi received the ICMA Silver Medal for achieving the second-highest exam score.
- Jingfang Liu received the ICMA Bronze Medal for achieving the third-highest exam score.
- Chunhua Hao received an ICMA Certificate of Distinguished Performance.
Chinese Exam: Student Category
In the student category, Rongyu Ruan and Qi Wang earned the Priscilla S. Payne Outstanding Student Performance Award for receiving the highest exam score as a student.
The following students were awarded a Student Certificate of Distinguished Performance: Jingwen Chen, Chenyao Liang, and Zirui Xie.
“ICMA congratulates all of these award recipients for their outstanding achievement,” said Paul Juras, CMA, CPA, Ph.D., chair, ICMA Board of Regents. “Recently, we made a change to recognize individuals in separate professional and student categories, which now enables us to acknowledge the distinct accomplishment of these different types of members. This period’s awardees once again reaffirm the geographic reach of the CMA certification, which is attracting individuals from around the world who want to improve their own career outlook and make a positive impact on their respective organizations.”
He continued, “Our Simplified Chinese program continues to attract an increasing number of individuals from state-owned enterprises and other organizations. We applaud the achievement of our award recipients in China, who are contributing to strengthening the economy in this region and taking positive steps towards bolstering their own career trajectory.”
For more information about the CMA program, please visit the IMA website at www.imanet.org/certification.asp.