IMA members recognize our commitment to their professional growth and career potential. The appreciation of value delivered by IMA has been a key factor in the vibrancy and growth of the organization. We are connecting with record numbers of members, growing internationally, and offering more programs and services than ever to help members advance in their careers.
More than 68,000 members…and growing
We ended fiscal 2013 with a total of 68,200 members—the highest level in 14 years. Our membership growth was strong across most of the regions we serve around the globe. In fact, regions such as Asia/Pacific and the Middle East/Africa, which were new markets for IMA just a few years ago, now represent nearly 20,000 members. Clearly, our programs, services, CMA credential, and the strong overall IMA value proposition are seen as pathways to professional growth in emerging markets.
IMA around the world
The vibrancy of IMA is evident in the expanding scope of our activities and services to current and aspiring management accounting professionals around the globe. Our offices in the Americas, Asia/Pacific, Middle East/Africa, and Europe regions attest to the breadth and diversity of our growing membership. In addition to our present offices in Montvale, N.J., USA; Zurich, Switzerland; Dubai, UAE; and Beijing, China, we plan to add additional global locations in the year ahead.
The roster of leading or distinguished performers on the CMA exam in the past year included candidates from China, the Netherlands, Canada, Pakistan, Kenya, and the U.S., among other nations.
A selection of highlights of recent activities around the globe shows the breadth of our international offerings for IMA members:
- The China Student Case Competition, sponsored by Haier, included more than 400 teams competing and 1,600 participants. The winning team, from Sun Yat-Sen University, earned a trip to IMA’s 94th Annual Conference & Exposition.
- We are continuing IMA’s relationship with China’s State Administration of Foreign Expert Affairs (SAFEA), which has aggressively promoted the CMA program in China and helped IMA to expand it significantly.
- The Middle East Student Case Competition featured teams from across the region, with the final round of competition taking place in Dubai.
- IMA’s chapter network continued to expand in the region with the addition of new chapters in Kuwait and Pakistan. IMA now has active chapters in eight countries in the region.
- Partnership with the Middle East CFO Alliance gives IMA direct access to the top CFOs in the region and prominent roles in regional conferences.
- Our first European student workshop brought students and academics from across the region to Switzerland for a day of workshops, networking, learning, and education. This event will be followed in 2014 by the first IMA Europe Student Case Competition.
- Controller Institut, our partner in Austria, began a membership recruitment program and successfully attracted some 350 of its 500 corporate members to join IMA.